Friday, July 2, 2010

Maine


Thank you Frank for rebuilding my wire harness! Not only that, they took the stock links off of a bike on their floor to install on Pearl! Clearly, Mike and his team at Menneto Powersports went out of their way to get me on the road in only 3 1/2 hours! In addition to good service, they unfortunately had insight from having installed the lowering kit for one of their customer. It ripped his wiring harness out too. They will no longer install the links and I'll encourage Dan at Tom Clark to do the same. An important note is that this is an aftermarket product, not a Victory product. Victory rocks!
There's more to the towing story, but I was too distressed to share it when I was writing from the repair shop the other day. Feel my pain as I write......I was riding in the truck with Sean (our towing hero). Mandi rode ahead so she could grab fuel. We were to meet at the service station.
Sean and I headed down the ramp to exit the highway. My head was turned so I could watch Pearl as we rode along. I had my helmet on so Mandi and I could continue to communicate. When making the right turn into the gas station to meet Mandi, I watched my sweet Pearl tip and fall on the flat bed truck. I started screaming "F@#K...F@#K"...F@#K..." My heart sunk and I was filled with saddness and distress apparently Mandi could pick me up faintly in her helmet and almost left the gas station without paying because it freaked her out she had no idea what was going on but could hear my panic.
At that point Mandi rushed out of the store only to see Pearl on her side and the tow guy and I struggling to lift her. The three of us lifted and repositioned Pearl. I was out of my head, biting my forged steel Beam sun glasses so hard my teeth prints are imprinted on the right stem. It was all I could do to keep from weeping. What can I say, I'm an emotional woman who loves her motorcycle! I'm so grateful Mandi was there! I think Sean was too....
Thank you my friend!

PS. After a long day of riding from Brattleboro VT. July 1st we made it to the coast of Maine. We were exhausted but the pay dirt was finding little cabins on the gorgeous rocky coast line, a beautiful sunset with wine and a turning point in our otherwise crazy trip. We still laugh every time Mandi repeats Barb's famous line during the Pearl melt down..."Why is this happening to me" a now useful humorous catch phrase that fits with most everything.
PSS. We are now off to Acadia...where I imagine it might be hard to post so bare with us. Thanks so much for your attention to this blog. Love, Mandi and Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment